Biscuits & Gravy Recipe
Total Time: 35 minutes
How could biscuits and gravy get any better? Good question! Bite-size biscuits and bake the entire dish in one skillet. Follow along below to learn how to make this tasty weekend breakfast recipe.
THIS DISH WAS MADE IN OUR OKRA SKILLET
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- ⅓ cup + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8-count) can biscuits
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. Cook your sausage in an oven-proof skillet. Sprinkle flour over the sausage, mix and cook for 1 minute.
3. Gradually whisk in the milk, then add salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Cook while stirring for about 3 minutes, then remove from heat.
4. Grease the edges of your pan. Cut each biscuit into four pieces and shape each piece into a ball. Place biscuits around the edge so the gravy is inside the circle of biscuits.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.