Creamy Hot Cocoa Recipe
There's no better way to warm up on a chilly winter day than a hot mug of creamy cocoa with some friends!
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- ⅓ cup boiling water
- 3½ cups milk
- ¾ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup half-and-half cream
1) In a saucepan, mix together the cocoa. sugar & a pinch of salt. Slowly whisk into the boiling water & bring the mixture to an easy boil as you stir. Then simmer & stir for about 2 minutes.
2) Make sure it doesn't scorch. Then stir in 3½ cups of milk & heat until very hot, but not to a boil. remove from heat & add vanilla.
3) Lastly split between 4 mugs, add the cream to bring it to the perfect temperature, then share with 3 of your loved ones. ☕💚
For an even tastier experience, add a handful of marshmallows or a mountain of whipped cream!