Dark Chocolate Roasted Chickpeas Recipe
Serving Size: about 12 clusters
Total Time: 1 hour
Bake your own sweet, guilt-free snack in just an hour!
1 can Chickpeas
¾ cup Dark Chocolate Chips
1 tsp Coconut Oil (or any oil you prefer: canola, avocado oil, etc.)
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF
2. Drain the can of chickpeas, then rinse the chickpeas in a colander under cold water. Shake all water off and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the chickpeas on the baking sheet.
3. Bake for 50 minutes and stir every 20 minutes to roast evenly. Bake until chickpeas are crispy and dry, then remove from oven and let cool on a baking sheet.
4. In your saucepan, melt the chocolate and coconut oil on low heat until fully melted.
5. Remove from heat and stir in the chickpeas so they are all fully coated in chocolate.
6. Cover a plate with parchment paper and lightly oil the surface. Scoop out 1 tbsp of dark chocolate-covered chickpeas and place each cluster about half an inch apart.
7. Place the plate in the freezer for 10 minutes to let the chocolate set. After 10 minutes, remove from freezer and store the clusters in an airtight box for up to a week!
Now you have a sweet, easy snack to enjoy on your morning commute or to snack on during your favorite tv show!