Dutch Oven Popcorn Recipe
Serving Size: 2
Total Time: 20 minutes
Take your movie night to the next level with homemade buttery popcorn! Not only is this recipe super easy, but it tastes even better than the popcorn at your hometown theater. Your popcorn will have tasty butter all over, not just on the top layer so your last bite can taste just as delicious as the first!😆
- About 3 tbsp of any cooking oil
- ½ cup of popcorn kernels
- ½ tsp of salt
- 2 tbsp of butter (add more if you love your popcorn extra buttery😉)
1) Heat about 2-3 tbsp of oil over medium heat, then add 2 or 3 kernels as your test kernels and place the lid on your Dutch oven.
2) When your test kernels pop, your oil is at the right temperature and you're ready to add your ½ cup of kernels with about ½ tsp of salt.
3) Keep your stove on medium heat for about 2-3 minutes and occasionally shake your Dutch oven with the lid on so your popcorn doesn't burn. When you hear the popping start to slow down, remove from heat but leave your lid on for about 5 minutes so any kernels that haven't popped can pop!
4) After 5 minutes, remove the lid and pour your popcorn into a large bowl for serving. Melt 1-2 tbsp of butter and pour over your popcorn.
Now you can kick off movie night with your family and friends while enjoying popcorn that tastes better than the movie theater!🍿