Gluten Free Apple Crisp Recipe
Serving Size: 6-8
Total Time: 65 minutes
After we made this delicious dessert, we knew we had to share it. If you're hosting any loved ones over soon then this is the dish to serve, plus it's gluten-free! Everyone will be begging you for the recipe!🤗
Apple Mixture Ingredients:
- 6 large apples peeled, cored, and sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Crumble Topping Ingredients:
- ¾ cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- ¾ cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup cubed cold butter
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Place your apples into a mixing bowl and drizzle on the lemon juice. Add the ½ cup of coconut sugar, 1 tbsp maple syrup, 1 tsp ground cinnamon, and ¼ tsp ground nutmeg to the apples and toss to coat.
3) Place your Dutch oven on the stovetop and add the ¼ cup butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg. Place on medium-high heat and stir until melted (about 2-3 minutes). Add in your apple mixture and toss to coat them in the sauce. Cook for 6-8 minutes, until the apples, are nice and tender.
4) In a separate mixing bowl, combine the ¾ cup gluten-free flour, ¾ cup oats, ½ cup packed brown sugar, ½ cup chopped pecans, ½ tsp ground cinnamon, ¼ tsp ground nutmeg, and a pinch of salt then mix. Add in the cold, cubed butter, and using your hands, mix it in, breaking it up into a crumble.
5) Add your crumble topping mixture on top of the apple mixture in your Dutch oven and bake at 350ºF for 25-30 minutes, until the top, is nice and golden brown and the edges are bubbly.
Serve warm & top with vanilla ice cream for an even sweeter treat!🍨