Golden Milk Recipe
Servings: 2 cups
Total Time: 10 minutes
This traditional Indian drink provides many benefits such as:
- reduces inflammation
- improves mood
- supports brain function and improves memory
- prevents heart disease
- lowers blood sugar levels
- boosts immune system
- improves bone health
- aids digestion
2 ½ cups unsweetened and full-fat almond or coconut milk
1 stick cinnamon or ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 inches fresh turmeric sliced or 1½ teaspoon ground turmeric spice
1 inch fresh ginger sliced or ½ teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon coconut oil
Pinch of black pepper
1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
1. Place milk, cinnamon stick, turmeric, ginger, coconut oil, and black pepper in a small saucepan.
2. Cook, stirring frequently, until warm but not boiling.
3. Give it a taste and add in your sweetener.
4. If you used fresh turmeric and ginger, strain it in your cups. If not, divide it into two mugs.
5. If preferred, sprinkle with ground cinnamon. Serve.