Lemon Miso Soup Recipe
Total Time: 30 minutes
The easiest 3 step recipe for a warm, light miso soup! Enjoy as a simple lunch or a starter for a delicious dinner.
- 4 cups water
- 12 ounces tofu, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 to 5 tablespoons white or dark miso
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1. Put water in a medium saucepan over high heat and bring to boil. Stir in tofu and green onions. Then reduce heat to low and cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
2. Put the miso in a small strainer, lower into soup, and push the paste through a strainer with a spoon until it dissolves. Turn off heat. Miso should not be boiled or overcooked
3. Stir in cilantro and lemon juice. Serve immediately in a bowl.