New Years Eve Cheese Ball Recipe
Serving Size: 10-12
Total Time: 20 minutes
This week went by a little too fast and now we can't believe it's already the end of 2021. We also can't believe how easy this cheese ball recipe is to prepare! If you are trying to find a simple, last-minute appetizer recipe for your celebration, then here you go!
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded white sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup dried cranberries, chopped and divided
- 1 cup pecans, chopped and toasted (optional)
- 4 tbsp green onions, chopped and divided
- ½ tsp garlic powder
1. To Toast Pecans: Preheat oven to 375ºF. Place chopped pecans on a baking tray and bake for 5 minutes or until aromatic. Remove from oven and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, cheddar cheese, ½ cup of toasted pecans, ½ cup dried cranberries, 2 tbsp of chopped green onions, and ½ tsp of garlic powder until well combined.
3. Place the mixture in the center of a piece of plastic wrap or parchment paper and cover it completely with wrap while forming it into a ball shape. Place in fridge until ready to serve.
4. Just before serving, combine the remaining ½ cup of pecans, ½ cup of dried cranberries, and 2 tablespoon chives on a flat surface or cutting board. Unwrap the ball and roll in the mixture to coat.
5. Serve with crackers, pita chips, pretzels, carrots, or celery.
You might want to steal a few bites before you serve because it won't last long🤗