Pasta al Limone Recipe
Serving Size: 4
Total Time: 35 minutes
What would you say if we told you that you could impress your loved ones with a super simple recipe that will make you feel like you're eating at a 5-star Italian restaurant?⭐
I bet you would want to try it out, right?
- 1 lemon
- 12 oz. spaghetti
- Kosher salt
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 oz. grated parmesan cheese (about ¾ cup)
- Ground black pepper
1) Using a vegetable peeler, remove two 2"-long strips of lemon zest. Thinly slice each strip lengthwise into thin strands; set aside for serving. Finely grate the remaining zest into a Dutch oven. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze out 2 tbsp into a small bowl and set aside.
2) Boil water in another Dutch oven or saucepan and heavily salt the water. When water begins to boil, add in your pasta, stirring occasionally, until very al dente (your pasta will finish cooking in the sauce).
3) Meanwhile, add your cream to the Dutch oven with lemon zest and cook over medium heat, whisking often, until mixture is just beginning to simmer (about 2 minutes). Reduce heat to medium-low and whisk in your butter 1 tbsp at a time until melted and sauce is creamy, then remove from heat.
4) Just before your pasta is ready, scoop out 1½ cups of pasta water and set aside. Add ¾ cup of your pasta water to the cream sauce and return to medium heat.
5) Strain your spaghetti and transfer it to the Dutch oven with your sauce. Continue cooking over medium heat, tossing often, and adding Parmesan little by little until cheese is melted and sauce is creamy (about 3 minutes). If the sauce looks too thick, add about 1–2 tbsp of pasta water. Stir in reserved lemon juice; season with more salt, if needed.
6) Plate your dish and season with pepper, then top with reserved lemon zest strips.
Now you can impress your loved ones with this sweet, creamy dish that will taste just like a professional Italian chef prepared it right in your own kitchen!🧑🍳