Pasta e Piselli Recipe
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound peas, fresh or frozen,
- ½ pound Ditalini pasta
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese, extra for garnish
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the diced onion and cook until the onion has softened and is turning translucent, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the peas and cook stirring frequently about 1 minute.
3. Then add vegetable broth or water, raise the heat, bring to a boil and stir in pasta and a pinch of salt.
4. Reduce the heat, cover with a lid to cook your pasta. The liquid should barely cover the pasta, add extra water or broth gradually only if needed. Stir often until the water is absorbed.
5. Once pasta is ready, turn off the heat and stir in grated parmesan cheese until melted. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
6. Serve with extra parmesan cheese and enjoy!