Simple & Creamy Spinach Pasta Recipe
Total Time: 15 minutes
Over 30k people love this recipe so we have a feeling that you will too! It's creamy, cheesy, and only takes about 15 minutes.
8 oz pasta
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
9 oz baby spinach washed
¼ teaspoon salt
5 oz cream cheese
1 oz freshly grated parmesan cheese
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
Black pepper to taste
1. Cook your pasta until al dente. Before draining, set aside at least ½ cup of your pasta water.
2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
3. Add garlic and cook for about 1 or 2 minutes until fragrant.
4. Add part of the spinach and season with salt. Stir until wilted adding handful of spinach at a time.
5. When the spinach are wilted, stir in cream cheese and ⅓ cup of pasta cooking water (don't add all the reserved water straight away, but save the rest in case you need to loosen the sauce when you add pasta to the skillet).
6. Then add grated parmesan cheese and nutmeg to the sauce and give a good stir.
7. Drain pasta, add to the skillet and toss to combine. Serve immediately with a drizzle of olive oil, black pepper and freshly grated parmesan cheese.