Skillet Deep Dish Pizza Dough Recipe
Serving Size: 2 pizzas
Total Time: 3.5 hours
Upgrade your family pizza night with your own homemade pizza dough!
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp active yeast
2 tsp kosher salt
2+ tbsp olive oil
1+ cups warm water
1. In a large bowl place the flour yeast and salt and stir to combine.
2. Make a well in the center of the flour and add 1 cup of warm water and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. By hand, mix the ingredients until a dough forms and most of the raw flour is not visible. If the dough is too dry continue to add water a tablespoon at a time. You should end up with a not too sticky dough. Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface a knead until you have a smooth ball of dough.
3. Place the dough in a bowl with a little olive oil and turn to coat the dough, place a towel over the bowl and let the dough rest and rise for 1-2 hours until about doubled in size.
4. Once the dough has risen, it's ready for use, or you can refrigerate in an oiled plastic bag to use another day, just allow to come to room temperature before proceeding.
5. Take your finished dough and work or roll it out to about a 12 circle that will be about ¼ inch thick.
6. Generously oil the bottom and sides of your ovenproof skillet. Place the dough in the pan and evenly up all the sides and oil the top of the dough. If you want a thicker crust allow the dough to rise for 30 minutes to an hour before assembly, otherwise begin to build your pizza.
7. Preheat your oven to 500ºFº
8. Bake your assembled pizza for about 20 minutes until the top of the crust is golden brown and the ingredients are bubbling.
9. Remove from the oven and allow the pie to sit for about 5 minutes before slicing and serving.