Vegetarian Black Bean Chili Recipe
Serving Size: 8
Total Time: 40 minutes
The best meatless chili recipe has now arrived!
Full of so many delicious vegetables and flavorful seasonings, the entire family will love this. Plus, this recipe yields enough for round 2 and you can double the recipe for leftovers all week long.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 10 fresh mushrooms quartered
- 6 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 (15 oz) cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp salt
1. Heat oil in your Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Saute the onion, red bell peppers, jalapeño, mushrooms, tomatoes and corn for 10 minutes or until the onions are translucent. Season with black pepper, cumin, and chili powder. Stir in the black beans, chicken or vegetable broth, and salt. Bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to medium low. If you want a thicker texture, remove 1½ cups of the chili and pour into a food processor or blender; puree and stir the bean mixture back into the soup.
3. Served best hot and tastes even better over rice!