Zucchini Bacon Fritters Recipe
Serving Size: Roughly 40 fritters
Total Time: 1 hour
You just stumbled upon a recipe that might just change your life, at least it changed ours. You'll be craving this guilt-free snack for weeks and so will anyone you share them with, if you share them!
- 6 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp cayenne
- 3 medium zucchini (chopped)
- ½ jalapeno (stemmed & minced)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 1 large egg (lightly beaten)
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 6 slices crisp-cooked bacon (finely chopped)
- Salt & pepper
Basil Mayo Ingredients:
- 1 cup basil
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1) Purée the basil with mayonnaise, water, & lemon juice in a blender, then transfer to a small bowl & chill until ready to use.
2) Heat about 3 inches of oil to 350°F in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
3) At the same time, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cayenne, ½ tsp salt, & ⅛ tsp pepper. Then stir together the zucchini, jalapeño, chives, & a pinch of salt in another bowl. Add the egg, milk, & bacon to the zucchini mixture & toss to coat the zucchini. Stir in flour mixture until incorporated.
4) Fry small spoonfuls of your batter in batches of about 10. Make sure to turn occasionally until the fritters are golden-brown all over. Roughly takes about 3 to 4 minutes per 10. Then transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Return oil to 350°F between batches.
5) Serve with your basil mayo & enjoy! 😊