Cilantro Lime Rice
Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe
Servings: 4 - 6
Total Time: 35 minutes
1 ½ cups long-grain white rice
1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
½ cup finely diced onion
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 ¼ cups vegetable broth
¼ teaspoon sea salt
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Wash your rice until the water turns clear. Set aside in a bowl.
2. Add the oil or butter to your Larder & Vine Saucepan over medium heat. Add the rice and onion, stir until the rice brightens and the onion is translucent and soft, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
3. Pour in the broth and add salt. Reduce heat to a low simmer, cover with the lid, and cook for about 15 minutes.
4. Remove the saucepan from the heat and set aside with the lid on for about 10 minutes.
5. Test a grain of rice. If the rice is too hard for your liking, cover with lid and cook over low heat for about 3 to 5 minutes. If the rice is too dry as well, add about a tablespoon of water over the rice then cover with lid and cook over low heat for about 3 to 5 minutes.
6. When the rice is done, garnish with cilantro and squeeze fresh lime juice over top. Use a fork to fluff the rice and mix until well combined.
7. Serve with your favorite protein or veggies and enjoy!