Ricotta Topping Ingredients
1. Heat up the oil in your Dutch oven on medium heat. Then add in your diced onions and cook until translucent and fragrant. Then add in your garlic and stir until combined. Add in the fresh tomatoes and seasonings and stir.
2. Add in the lean ground turkey and stir until browned. Add in the chicken stock and your favorite marinara sauce (or tomato sauce) and stir until well combined. Add bay leaves for extra flavor!
3. Let the soup come to a boil then add in the lasagna noodles. Take each sheet and snap them into four or five pieces. Repeat with 7-9 noodle sheets depending on your preferred pasta amount.
4. Add in the fresh oregano and basil at this step. Turn down the heat to medium low and let the noodles cook for about 10-12 minutes depending on your stove. Make sure the noodles are tender and season with more salt and pepper as needed. Stir in the heavy cream and mix until creamy and well combined. Then take the dutch oven off the heat and let cool for a bit while you prepare the ricotta cheese topping.
5. Next, prepare the ricotta cheese mixture by combining fresh parmesan, shredded mozzarella cheese, and ricotta! This is optional, but you can add in some fresh/dried basil and oregano in the mixture as well or use dried herbs!
6. Now ladle the soup into a bowl and top with the ricotta mixture. Garnish with more parmesan and fresh herbs. Enjoy!